documentation.js alternatives and similar modules
Based on the "Documentation" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of documentation.js or a related project?
- Infers parameters, types, membership, and more. Write less documentation: let the computer write it for you.
- Integrates with GitHub to link directly from documentation to the code it refers to.
- Customizable output: HTML, JSON, Markdown, and more
- [Getting Started](docs/GETTING_STARTED.md): start here
- [Usage](docs/USAGE.md): how to use documentation.js
- [Recipes](docs/RECIPES.md): tricks for writing effective JSDoc docs
- [Node API](docs/NODE_API.md): documentation.js's self-generated documentation
- [Configuring documentation.js](docs/CONFIG.md)
- [Theming](docs/THEMING.md): tips for theming documentation output in HTML
- See also: a list of projects similar to documentation.js
documentation using the npm package manager:
$ npm install -g documentation
This installs a command called
documentation in your path, that you can
point at JSDoc-annotated source code to generate
human-readable documentation. First, run
documentation with the
option for help:
Usage: # generate markdown docs for index.js and files it references documentation build index.js -f md # generate html docs for all files in src documentation build src/** -f html -o docs # document index.js, ignoring any files it requires or imports documentation build index.js -f md --shallow # build and serve HTML docs for app.js documentation serve app.js # build, serve, and live-update HTML docs for app.js documentation serve --watch app.js # validate JSDoc syntax in util.js documentation lint util.js # update the API section of README.md with docs from index.js documentation readme index.js --section=API # build docs for all values exported by index.js documentation build --document-exported index.js Commands: serve [input..] generate, update, and display HTML documentation build [input..] build documentation lint [input..] check for common style and uniformity mistakes readme [input..] inject documentation into your README.md Options: --version Show version number [boolean] --help Show help [boolean]
We have plenty of issues that we'd love help with.
- Robust and complete
JSDocsupport, including typedefs.
- Strong support for HTML and Markdown output
- Documentation coverage, statistics, and validation
documentation is an OPEN Open Source Project. This means that:
Individuals making significant and valuable contributions are given commit-access to the project to contribute as they see fit. This project is more like an open wiki than a standard guarded open source project.