LoopBack alternatives and similar modules
Based on the "Web Frameworks" category.
Alternatively, view LoopBack alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of LoopBack or a related project?
⚠️ LoopBack 3 is in Maintenance LTS mode, only critical bugs and critical security fixes will be provided. (See Module Long Term Support Policy below.)
We urge all LoopBack 3 users to migrate their applications to LoopBack 4 as soon as possible. Refer to our Migration Guide for more information on how to upgrade.
LoopBack is a highly-extensible, open-source Node.js framework that enables you to:
- Create dynamic end-to-end REST APIs with little or no coding.
- Access data from Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, SOAP and other REST APIs.
- Incorporate model relationships and access controls for complex APIs.
- Use built-in push, geolocation, and file services for mobile apps.
- Run your application on-premises or in the cloud.
LoopBack consists of:
- A library of Node.js modules.
- Yeoman generators for scaffolding applications.
- Client SDKs for iOS, Android, and web clients.
LoopBack tools include:
- Command-line tool
loopback-clito create applications, models, data sources, and so on.
For more details, see https://loopback.io/.
Module Long Term Support Policy
LoopBack 3.x is now in Active LTS.
This module adopts the Module Long Term Support (LTS) policy, with the following End Of Life (EOL) dates:
|LoopBack 4||Current||Oct 2018||Apr 2023 (minimum)|
|LoopBack 3||Maintenance LTS||Dec 2016||Dec 2020|
|LoopBack 2||End-of-Life||Jul 2014||Apr 2019|
Learn more about our LTS plan in docs.
The LoopBack framework is a set of Node.js modules that you can use independently or together.
The LoopBack community has created and supports a number of additional connectors. See Community connectors for details.
StrongLoop provides a number of example applications that illustrate various key LoopBack features. In some cases, they have accompanying step-by-step instructions (tutorials).
See examples at loopback.io for details.
- API documentation.
- LoopBack Announcements
- LoopBack Google Group.
- GitHub issues.
- Gitter chat.
Contributions to the LoopBack project are welcome! See Contributing to LoopBack for more information.
One of the easiest ways to contribute to LoopBack is to report an issue. See Reporting issues for more information.