NiM alternatives and similar modules
Based on the "Debugging / Profiling" category.
Alternatively, view NiM alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
node-inspector8.8 0.0 L2 NiM VS node-inspectorNode.js debugger based on Blink Developer Tools
ndb8.5 0.0 NiM VS ndbndb is an improved debugging experience for Node.js, enabled by Chrome DevTools
devtool6.9 0.0 L5 NiM VS devtool[OBSOLETE] runs Node.js programs through Chromium DevTools
ironNode6.0 0.0 L4 NiM VS ironNodeDebug Node.js code with Chrome Developer Tools.
leakage5.6 4.2 NiM VS leakage🐛 Memory leak testing for node.
why-is-node-running5.5 2.5 L5 NiM VS why-is-node-runningNode is running but you don't know why? why-is-node-running is here to help you.
TraceGL5.0 0.0 NiM VS TraceGLTraceGL MPL release
swagger-stats4.9 0.0 NiM VS swagger-statsAPI Observability. Trace API calls and Monitor API performance, health and usage statistics in Node.js Microservices.
longjohn4.7 0.0 NiM VS longjohnLong stack traces for node.js inspired by https://github.com/tlrobinson/long-stack-traces
njsTrace3.6 0.0 L5 NiM VS njsTraceA Node.js tracing and instrumentation utility
locus3.1 0.0 NiM VS locusLocus is a debugging module for node.js
stackman2.6 0.0 L5 NiM VS stackmanHe is like Batman, but for Node.js stack traces
thetool2.5 0.0 NiM VS thetoolthetool is a CLI tool to capture different cpu, memory and other profiles for your node app in Chrome DevTools friendly format
bugger2.3 0.0 L4 NiM VS buggerBugs bugging you? Bug back.
vstream2.2 0.8 L5 NiM VS vstreaminstrumented streams
ctrace1.9 0.0 L3 NiM VS ctraceWell-formatted and improved trace system calls and signals (when the debugger does not help)
dats1.5 8.7 NiM VS dats📈 Minimalistic zero-dependencies statsd client for Node.js
Appwrite - The Open Source Firebase alternative introduces iOS support
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of NiM or a related project?
<!--The ratings badges are currently broken due to this and this.-->
NiM (Node.js --inspector Manager)
Streamlines your development process
- Google Chrome Web Store (works with any Chromium browsers: Google's Chrome, Microsoft's Edge, Opera, Vivaldi, Brave, Epic, and more... )
Microsoft Edge Addons (Works with the Microsoft's Edge browser https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/)
Now integrates with VSCode using NiMS VSCode Extension
- Why I wrote NiM https://blog.june07.com/inspect-broke-my-workflow/
- Custom DevTools feature: https://blog.june07.com/nim-custom-devtools-url/
## Easier than
NiM manages the Chrome DevTools window/tab lifecycle leaving you with more ability to focus on what matters... debugging your code. You no longer need to copy/paste DevTools URL's or continue opening/closing tabs/windows.
NiM automatically detects the URL that is generated when running node (locally or remotely) with --inspect option. NiM provides you with the option of automatically opening and closing Chrome DevTools in a tab or window. Just toggle the Manual/Auto setting and then start a debugging session. DevTools will open either on clicking the "Open DevTools" button or after the specified timeout period. If set to auto close, once you end your debugging session, The DevTools tab/window will close automatically.
- Manage and monitor local and remote debugging sessions
- Manual or automatic control of DevTools interface
- Open DevTools in a new tab or window
- Make DevTools focused or inactive on start
- Customize duration between v8 Inspector probes
- Autosave settings
- Debug node processes launched by VSCode
Setup / Usage / How To
Simple and basic... just install the Chrome Extension in any of the following ways:
- Install via Chrome Web Store: https://bit.ly/2W8hQG9 (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gnhhdgbaldcilmgcpfddgdbkhjohddkj)
- Or, download .crx file directly from releases as shown here:
Need Additional Information?
- NiM post install page provides some help https://blog.june07.com/nim-install
- Debugging NiM itself https://blog.june07.com/debugging-nim/
Note: At the time of writing, the v8 --inspect option is fairly new. See https://nodejs.org/api/debugger.html#debugger_v8_inspector_integration_for_node_js for additional details on the option.
If you enjoy using NIM please give us a 5 star rating and/or a G+1.
Any and all feedback is encouraged and welcome. Send us an email!