Avg Release Cycle
472 days ago
role:seneca,cmd:pingresponds with instance and process metrics.
- 🛠 Fixed memory leak in history: https://github.com/senecajs/seneca/issues/680 .
- Utility modules available via Seneca.util: Eraro, Jsonic, Nid, Patrun.
meta.customis now preserved properly over entire action pathway including transports.
translatemethod simplifies translating message patterns.
- 📇 Message metadata has
customsub-object that propogates with message.
- 👍 Better format for fatal error messages.
- 🛠 Fixed double
- 👌 Supports --seneca.test to trigger test mode.
- 👌 Support SENECA_TEST enviroment variable.
- 🛠 Fixes priors bug #662.
- ✂ Removes errant debugging code.
- 🛠 Fixes history pruning.
- 🔀 Slightly neater test logs (suffix to IN/OUT indicates sync/async message).
- Backwards compatibility fix for seneca-amqp-transport 2.2.0 (legacy.meta=true).
- Verified working against Node 8.
- ➕ Added github standard code of conduct.
- Now using https://github.com/prettier/prettier as code format.
- 🔨 Refactored message and reply meta data, making message tracking much easier; Actions and callbacks get a third parameter
meta, that has all the details.
- 🔨 Minor refactor of error handling so that errors are passed-through; intended for 4.x, enable with legacy.error=false.
- 0️⃣ Next-generation transport (2X faster, new simpler API for transport writers) included in core Seneca; only http transport written; intended to be default transport in 4.x, enable with legacy.transport=false.
- As part of next-generation transport, a new message protocol that gives the message data priority as a JSON object, and placed Seneca meta data into the meta$ property.
- Action cache replaced by action history utility, making a decoupled seneca.reply method possible (as used (and needed) by next-generation transport).
- 🛠 Fixed root deprecation warning; Better, but incomplete refactor of source files; some minor fixes;
- ➕ Added .inward() api method.
- ➕ Added .outward() api method.
- 🌲 Made logging safely stringify input.
- 🛠 Fixed memory leak / timeout bug in gate-executor.
- 🌲 Correct issue with log handlers not working via command line
- 🌲 Extracted out log handling into seneca-log-filters for ease of reuse in custom loggers
- 0️⃣ Replaced the default log handler's filter logic with seneca-log-filters
- ⬆️ Bumped patrun to correct incorrect matches with partial patterns due to missing catchall
- ➕ Added error handling example in docs/examples/error-handling.js.
- 🔄 Changed boot log message from 'hello' to 'seneca-started'.
- ⚡️ Updated salestax examples to work correctly.
- ✂ Removed old legacy parsing handlers as they caused crashes
- ➕ Added testable transport links