ipfs alternatives and similar modules
Based on the "Mad Science" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of ipfs or a related project?
We've come a long way, but this project is still in Alpha, lots of development is happening, APIs might change, beware of 🐉..
- Look into the examples folder to learn how to spawn an IPFS node in Node.js and in the Browser
- Read the Core API docs to see what you can do with an IPFS node
- Visit https://dweb-primer.ipfs.io to learn about IPFS and the concepts that underpin it
- Head over to https://proto.school to take interactive tutorials that cover core IPFS APIs
- Check out https://docs.ipfs.io for tips, how-tos and more
Lead Maintainer <!-- omit in toc -->
Table of Contents <!-- omit in toc -->
- [Core API](./docs/core-api)
This project is broken into several modules, their purposes are:
/packages/ipfs](./packages/ipfs) The core implementation
/packages/ipfs-http-client](./packages/ipfs-http-client) A client for the RPC-over-HTTP API presented by both js-ipfs and go-ipfs
/packages/interface-ipfs-core](./packages/interface-ipfs-core) Tests to ensure adherence of an implementation to the spec
/packages/ipfs-core-utils](./packages/ipfs-core-utils) Helpers and utilities common to core and the HTTP RPC API client
Want to hack on IPFS?
- Check out existing issues The issue list has many that are marked as 'help wanted' or 'difficulty:easy' which make great starting points for development, many of which can be tackled with no prior IPFS knowledge
- Look at the IPFS Roadmap This are the high priority items being worked on right now
- Perform code reviews More eyes will help a. speed the project along b. ensure quality, and c. reduce possible future bugs.
- Add tests. There can never be enough tests.
- Join the Weekly Core Implementations Call it's where everyone discusses what's going on with IPFS and what's next
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the ipfs README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.