GoogleChrome puppeteer is interesting project to create browser automation tools, testing tools or web scrapping. I was wondering to use it for something useful and an idea popped in about creating CLI application that can be used to send and receive messages on Whatsapp. So I went on to creating Whatspup, a name based on both Whatsapp and puppeteer.
Whatspup alternatives and similar modules
Based on the "Command Line Apps" category.
Alternatively, view Whatspup alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Whatspup or a related project?
Use Whatsapp from commandline/console/cli using GoogleChrome puppeteer! :smile:
- :white_check_mark: Send and receive messages
- :white_check_mark: Read Receipts
- :white_check_mark: Switch between users to chat with
- :white_check_mark: Popup notifications for new chat messages
- :white_check_mark: Privacy settings for popup notifications
- :white_check_mark: One-time authentication, no need to scan QR code again and again
- :white_check_mark: Windowless/headless (hidden) mode
- :white_check_mark: Colorful chat messages
Of course, it is not possible to send/receive picture messages from command line.
- Node v8+
- puppeteer v0.13.0+
Tested on Windows with Node v8.9.1 and puppeteer v0.13.0
- Clone this repository.
git clone https://github.com/sarfraznawaz2005/whatspup.git
node chat.js USERNAME(case-sensitive)
- Chrome will open up, now just scan Whatsapp QR Code once via whatsapp app in your mobile
- Wait for connection and start typing your messages :smile:
NOTE: Once you have connected by scanning QR code, your session will be saved so you won't have to scan it again and again unless you revoke from whatsapp app or by deleting tmp folder.
You can switch chat with another user anytime by typing on console:
--chat USERNAME (case-sensitive)
USERNAME is supposed to be a person with whom you have already initiated a conversation in whatsapp. In other words, we use a selector to click that user's name from conversations list.
Clear Chat Screen
To clear chat screen, type
You can set various options in
- You can send common emojis directly by typing
You are welcome to contribute to this project.
This project is not affiliated with official whatsapp in any sense.