ActionHero alternatives and similar modules
Based on the "Web Frameworks" category.
Alternatively, view ActionHero alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of ActionHero or a related project?
The reusable, scalable, and quick node.js API server for stateless and stateful applications
Who is the Actionhero?
Actionhero is a multi-transport API Server with integrated cluster capabilities and delayed tasks. The goal of actionhero is to create an easy-to-use toolkit for making reusable & scalable APIs for HTTP, WebSockets, and more. Clients connected to an actionhero server can consume the api, consume static content, and communicate with each other. Actionhero is cluster-ready, with built in support for background tasks, 0-downtime deploys, and more. Actionhero provides a simple Async/Await API for managing every type of connection and background task.
Currently actionhero supports the following out of the box...
# Generate a new Project npx actionhero generate npm install npm run build npm run dev # <-- I automatically notice changes and restart, as well as compiling .ts files # Use the actionhero CLI (npx) actionhero generate action --name my_action (npx) actionhero generate task --name my_task --queue default --frequency 0 # Test npm test # To deploy your app npm run build npm run start
Your new project will come with example actions, tests, and more.
Or deploy a free API server now:
Learn More 📚
- Getting Started @ www.actionherojs.com
- Actionhero's website can be found @ https://github.com/actionhero/www.actionherojs.com/. If you want to contribute to this site, visit the related project
- Read the typedoc documentation @ docs.actionherojs.com
- Find community-based resources
- Interact with the Community & View the Release History
- Server Client
In-depth Tutorials 🎓
- CLI Commands
- Chat & Realtime Communication
- File Server
- Localization & Translation
Testing, Deployment, and Operations
- Many folks have helped to make Actionhero a reality.
- If you want to contribute to actionhero, contribute to the conversation on github and join us on slack
- Contributing to Actionhero is easy! You can learn more about contributing to Actionhero here
- By engaging the with Actionhero community or contributing to this or related projects, you agree to our Code of Conduct
Technology is a powerful force in our society. Data, software, and communication can be used for bad: to entrench unfair power structures, to undermine human rights, and to protect vested interests. But they can also be used for good: to make underrepresented people’s voices heard, to create opportunities for everyone, and to avert disasters. This project is dedicated to everyone working toward the good.
Inspired by Martin Kleppmann
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the ActionHero README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.