Crusher is a new fast testing framework, it's opinionated and takes a low-code first approach. Create tests by browsing your website and adding assertion when needed.
An alternative to slow workflows built and unreliable & slow libraries (w high learning curve), gluing tools, repetitive script.
Built from group up as an all-in-tool — with recorder, SDK, Infra + batteries built-in.
Crusher alternatives and similar modules
Based on the "Testing" category.
Alternatively, view crusher alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Playwright9.8 10.0 Crusher VS PlaywrightPlaywright is a framework for Web Testing and Automation. It allows testing Chromium, Firefox and WebKit with a single API.
ava9.3 8.2 L4 Crusher VS avaNode.js test runner that lets you develop with confidence 🚀
Nightwatch8.7 9.7 L4 Crusher VS NightwatchEnd-to-end testing framework written in Node.js and using the W3C Webdriver API
WebdriverIO8.6 9.9 L5 Crusher VS WebdriverIONext-gen browser and mobile automation test framework for Node.js
volkswagen8.6 0.0 Crusher VS volkswagen:see_no_evil: Volkswagen detects when your tests are being run in a CI server, and makes them pass.
CasperJS8.4 0.0 L5 Crusher VS CasperJSNavigation scripting and testing utility for PhantomJS and SlimerJS
TestCafe8.4 8.7 L4 Crusher VS TestCafeA Node.js tool to automate end-to-end web testing.
istanbul8.3 0.0 L2 Crusher VS istanbulYet another JS code coverage tool that computes statement, line, function and branch coverage with module loader hooks to transparently add coverage when running tests. Supports all JS coverage use cases including unit tests, server side functional tests and browser tests. Built for scale.
axe-core7.7 9.6 Crusher VS axe-coreAccessibility engine for automated Web UI testing
tape7.6 8.6 L5 Crusher VS tapetap-producing test harness for node and browsers
nyc7.5 0.0 L4 Crusher VS nycthe Istanbul command line interface
CodeceptJS7.3 8.3 Crusher VS CodeceptJSSupercharged End 2 End Testing Framework for NodeJS
toxy6.4 0.8 L5 Crusher VS toxyHackable HTTP proxy for resiliency testing and simulated network conditions
uvu6.3 6.1 Crusher VS uvuuvu is an extremely fast and lightweight test runner for Node.js and the browser
loadtest6.3 0.8 Crusher VS loadtestRuns a load test on the selected URL. Easy to extend minimally for your own ends.
tap6.2 5.4 L4 Crusher VS tapTest Anything Protocol tools for node
trevor6.0 0.0 Crusher VS trevor🚦 Your own mini Travis CI to run tests locally
testcontainers-node5.2 9.4 Crusher VS testcontainers-nodeTestcontainers is a NodeJS library that supports tests, providing lightweight, throwaway instances of common databases, Selenium web browsers, or anything else that can run in a Docker container.
abstruse5.0 0.0 Crusher VS abstruseAbstruse is a free and open-source CI/CD platform that tests your models and code.
Hermione4.3 7.4 Crusher VS HermioneBrowser test runner based on mocha and wdio
Mochify3.6 0.0 L5 Crusher VS Mochify☕️ TDD with Browserify, Mocha, Headless Chrome and WebDriver
Unexpected3.5 5.9 L3 Crusher VS UnexpectedUnexpected - the extensible BDD assertion toolkit
testen2.4 0.0 Crusher VS testen:heavy_check_mark: Run tests for multiple versions of Node.js in local env.
hook-std1.6 2.6 L5 Crusher VS hook-stdHook and modify stdout and stderr
test-each1.6 7.8 Crusher VS test-each🤖 Repeat tests. Repeat tests. Repeat tests.
navit1.3 4.7 L5 Crusher VS navitSimple client testing from your scripts
Phobetor0.9 7.9 Crusher VS PhobetorBrowser emulation library build with Nightmare.js
AVA0.5 0.0 Crusher VS AVAAVA task for Start
Appwrite - The Open Source Firebase alternative introduces iOS support
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Crusher or a related project?
Fast all-in-one testing framework
Crusher is an all-in-one testing framework. It includes everything w.r.t to e2e testing, with low-code recorder, runner + batteries built-in.
It's an alternative to the "traditional" testing workflow, where you:
- Choose a testing library & runner (Jest, Cypress, Playwright, Puppeteer, etc.)
- Setup framework according to your needs
- Write stable tests that take hours
🤦 More annoying tasks during testing
- 🔋 Find the right selectors that work.
- 🚥 Setup CI/CD to run tests
- 💰 Start paying for every little thing ( or start building your own framework )
- Pay for cloud services to run tests on different browser
- Set up a reporting system to view test results - Cypress cloud
- Image comparison tool to compare visual changes - Percy
- 🚨 And don't forget to set up alerts for test failures - Slack/Discord/Emails - plus lot more things like test management, debug, updating breaking tests etc.
Crusher uses low-code approach and is built on top of playwright. Our primary focus is stability, speed, and better developer experience.
Crusher is in beta(v0.5). Join Crusher's discord and help us make it better 🚀
☄️Create your first test
🚖 Run test
npx crusher.dev test:run
You can run tests locally on your machine to debug. Run it on our cloud for faster execution.
Reference: Getting Started | What is Crusher
Crusher has a lot of features, some of the major ones are
- 👨🏽💻 Test using low-code: Create tests using our customized recorder based on chromium
- 📇 Use code files: Better APIs and more control with playwright APIs
- 🔋 All major browsers supported:
- 🔥 Fast test execution
- ⚡ Blazing Fast: Built on top of Playwright, Crusher delivers an amazing performance during execution
- 📼 Easy integration with your projects
- 🦄 Central reporting & dashboard: See how your app is doing overall anytime-anywhere
⏩ Use cases
- Test e2e user flows: Never compromise your user experience by testing important end-to-end user flows.
- Test UI of your project: Never let a UI change catch you off guard.
- Run tests locally: Test specific functionalities of your app easily with a single click.
- Test with every commit: Run tests on every commit and add checks on pull requests.
- Monitor production: Periodically run tests for your website and get notified if something goes wrong.
If you are involved in software development, you are no stranger to things breaking now and then. Sometimes it's because of a small typo/change, and sometimes because of reasons out of your control.
It seems like every time you are changing something, there is a chance of stuff breaking. The worst part is you're lost, and then someone reports the issue in prod.
Testing solves this, but it hasn't evolved. It's too complicated and sometimes hard. We're solving it by creating an integrated solution that simply works.
Crusher cloud- Start using | Zero configuration setup (Recommended: Faster, cheaper and less hassle)
Self host: Deploy using Docker or Kubernetes. Docs
- I don't have any prior experience, Can I use Crusher? Yes, we primarily designed Crusher to make testing easy. If you have used a browser before, you can use Crusher.
- Low-code ain't powerful, I believe code is more powerful:- Fair enough, we believe in both. We're also working on a code-first approach.
- Why use this over selenium, cypress, etc? With any library, you'll have to spend a lot of time setting up the testing framework for your project. With us, you can start testing right away. We're also built on top of playwright, which is a more stable and faster automation library.
- Why a new framework? Testing has not evolved. It can be quite frustrating to setup and maintain. With Crusher, we're trying to make it easy and fun.
- Is Crusher using Electron? Yes, we forked Electron to create our own chromium-based browser.
Contribute to Crusher
- Setup crusher locally Docs
- Found a bug? File an issue
- Wanna help. We love pull requests, too!
This repo is entirely MIT licensed, except the /src_ee directory (if applicable).
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Crusher README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.